Phone stuck in Samsung logo screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. PhoneNoob

PhoneNoob New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I have this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Spica (Android 2.1) since a week ago.

The problem started when it took a long time for me to get into the homescreen of the phone on startup, and I was having problems viewing contact list or the messaging application or when I go settings->application-> managing application. The phone keep booting me back to homescreen when I tried to access those pages.

When I reboot the phone, it took really a long time(around 15mins), and some luck because I had to try a few times to get into the homescreen. The problem still exists with the contact list/messaging app/managing application page. Other apps seem to work fine.

Then, I tried to switch to another homescreen, was on LauncherPro and I tried to switch to Pantheon. It seem to be broken and the screen goes blank and on, and Pantheon couldn't load. I press the home button, and I managed to get back to LauncherPro. So, thinking that the homescreen may be the problem, I made Pantheon the default homescreen again.

But to my despair, when I restart the phone, it still won't get past the Samsung logo and this time the problem seemed worse. After trying for hours yesterday, I managed to boot it past the Samsung screen, and I hard reset the phone by keying *2767*3855# in dialpad, in hope that a reset will get my phone working again. However, it still didn't work..... And I'm still left with a phone that is stucked on the Samsung logo.

Anyone have any solution to it? Anyway I can reset/flash everything in the phone, because maybe there is some corrupted files?

Advertisement
  2. sllver

sllver New Member

I had the same problem, a boot into recovery mode and a factory reset fixed it.

3. PhoneNoob

PhoneNoob New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    mind telling me the steps you take to boot into recovery mode and to factory reset it?

4. varungolster

varungolster New Member

vol down+ call+ power button gets you into recovery mode....am using the samdroid mod and thats how it works for me

5. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

Boot into recovery if your phone is rooted if not boot into download mode and reflash the OS.