• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone stuck on: "Firmware Upgrade Encountered An Issue" after trying to Root.

NoBrikz

Mar 24, 2012
NYC
I tried to Root using the method posted on the threads.

ODIN to flash AGAT_v0.6.8.tar

I thought it worked as I got to the screen with the yellow triangle and was able to boot into Custom Recovery.

After I flashed the superuser from SD card (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51) I thought all was well. But when I went to re-boot my phone. I would see the screen with the yellow triangle and it would turn off afterwards.

At that point I was able to Boot into ONLY custom recovery and Download Modes.

I tried to flash a stock Rom with ODIN (I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5) .It failed thats what ODIN said.

Now I get a message saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again.

That would be great except now my PC is not connecting to the phone. ODIN is not connecting and niether is Kies. Its basically acting as if I dont have anything connected. I am able to boot into Download mode but it is pointless because I cant connect to my PC. I'm 100% STUCK been reading for over 2 hours and have no idea what if anything I can do. HELP!!!!!!! Please.....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones