1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone Stuck Operator Logo (no USB debugging)Support

1. mulkman

mulkman Member

Hi,

My HTC Desire HD is currently stuck at the operator logo screen. I've tried removing rebooting battery going into boot-loader, resetting factory settings but still no luck.

Also as there is no way for me to boot into the phone to turn on USB debugging to re flash what can I do.

I've tried fastboot via boot loader it doesn't recongise the device on the pc (as I believe USB debugging not enabled)

Please help someone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello, mulkman, welcome to the forums :)

Could you let us know how you got to this stage? From what you are saying, I guess you are rooted?
    scotty85 and ral like this.
  3. mulkman

mulkman Member

Sorry forgot to mention its not rooted, still s-on bootloader on t mobile UK.

I've had no probs with previous HTC sensation and nexus 7 unlocking and rooting .

This on the other hand is puzzling as USB debugging wasn't enabled and phone is stuck at operator.logo. how can I fix this I've tried ruu for tmobile and still no.luck
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

hi mulkman! it generally is not good when stock phones just stop working,unless some sort of update has fudged them up. in most cases a stock phone has ceased to function due to some sort of hardware failure.

just to make sure were on the same page,the phone is booting to the initial splash screen(on most phones,a white screen with htc lettering,but some branded phones may have a more customized one) and then not past it. or do you mean that the phone is booting past the splash screen,to a carrier boot animation,and then it is hanging there?

as D-U-R-X said,as detailed of an explantion as possible of how the phone came to be in this state may help.

the ruu is your best bet at this point,what errors or prollems have you encountered trying to run it?

usb debugging actually wont matter at this point. usb debug needs to be enabled for "adb" commands to work,but adb only works in the booted OS,or in some custom recoveries,not while the phone is in fastboot.

we will have to utilizw the "fastboot" utility with the phone in its current state. some basics:
    -youll need to have fastboot in the directory your runing the commands from
    -youll need proper drivers
    -youll need the phone to be in fastboot,not hboot(fastboot usb will be dispalyed on the correct screen)

if all those things are correct,the command fastboot devices should return a serial number

here are a couple of things you can do to start us out:
    these are generalized directions,and may help you get fastboot working,if youre having trouble with that.

after we know what your main version,CID,etc. is,and what errors youve encountered with the ruu,hopefully we can get an ruu to flash.

if not,we will have to unlock your bootloader via htcdev,so that we can install a recovery. from there,we can do some tricks to lower your main version,and enter a couple of commands that can check the condition of your emmc :)
    ral and D-U-R-X like this.
  5. mulkman

mulkman Member

Details listed below (masked out IMEI)
    C:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
    INFOversion: 0.5
    INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0029
    INFOversion-baseband: 26.14.04.28_M
    INFOversion-cpld: None
    INFOversion-microp: 0438
    INFOversion-main: 3.13.110.4
    INFOserialno: HT0CGRXXXXX
    INFOimei: 3562990414XXXX
    INFOproduct: ace
    INFOplatform: HBOOT-7230
    INFOmodelid: PD9810000
    INFOcidnum: T-MOB005
    INFObattery-status: good
    INFObattery-voltage: 3923mV
    INFOpartition-layout: Generic
    INFOsecurity: on
    INFObuild-mode: SHIP
    INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
    INFOcommitno-bootloader: fcef1579
    INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
    INFOgencheckpt: 0
    INFOregion-id: 0
    all: Done!
    scotty85 likes this.
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Awesome! That gives us quite a bit of info. May want to take a second and x out your serial number as well,however. Don't really want either of them out in the open interweb :eek:

What ruu did you try,and what happened when you ran it?
  7. mulkman

mulkman Member

I ran the RUU_Ace_TMO_UK_1.75.110.2_R_Radio_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17_M2_SF_release_163304_signed

RUU for T-mobile UK and I got the message you do not have the correct version of the Rom Update Utility ?.

I have just unlocked the boot-loader via HTCDev and installed custom recovery.

I have to thank you for you help the drivers worked with fast-boot

I presume I need CID changed to 11111111 so I can install the custom rom?
  8. mulkman

mulkman Member

Hi, Scott

Tried several Custom ROMs and they have all failed, I believe this is due to me not having root.

What can I do now...

Using the RUU - I get the following

[​IMG]

The phone display the HTC Logo but throughout the rom upgrade it keeps on saying sending......... then after 30 mins says RUU Failed

Any other ideas
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

supercid is not needed to flash roms. we can try to flash one and maybe that will fix the issue. this is a good,stock based rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840040

note that since your htcdev unlocked,you wont be able to change the radio as the thread recomends,wich is no big deal. you will also have to open up the rom and find the boot.img,and manually flash it,as htcdev is not capable of writing the boot image from recovery. i dont know what recovery youve installed,so i dont know the exzact menu options,but basically heres how you will install it:
    1)place the rom on the phone sd card
    2)place the roms boot image into your adb/fastboot folder
    3)power the phone on into hboot,then select recovery from the hboot menu.
    4)use the menu options on the phone to:
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache
    -wipe dalvik cache
    -install the new rom
    5)after the rom install is complete,use a recovery menu option to either reboot to bootloader,or power off. if you have to power off,power back on into hboot,select fastboot from the hboot menu.
    6)with the phone in fastboot,plug in,open a cmd window,change to adb/fastboot directory
    7)flash the boot image with this command(assiming it to be named "boot" and be a .img file):
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

you should see a couple real fast status bars as the boot image is installed. once you get an "ok" in the cmd window,you can reboot with this commnad:
    fastboot reboot

keep fingers crossed :)

if that fails,we will need to try and run an ruu. the prollems we will have,if you look at your output above:
    1)your high main version. any ruu we flash will need to be 3.13.110.4,or mumerically higher(but the 110 must stay the same. example 3.13.110.5,or 3.14.110.0,etc.)
    2)it must match your T-MOB005 cid,unless you have another android phone that can be used to create a "gold card" wich will bypass the normal cid checks that the phone does.

you are on the right track with the ruu you tried to run,as it is for your cid. the prollem is that the build number was older,so the phone did not allow it to flash.

we can run a few adb commands with the phone in recovery to lower the main version,and trick the phone into "updating" to a lower software build.

the second option is the gold card- if you can successfully create a gold card,then we can run a differernt carriers ruu,with a higher main version. directions for making a gold card are here.

so if the rom flash does not work,we can procede to either
    1)change the main version
    or
    2)attempt to make a gold card

wichever option you think may be easier(id personally go with #1,as the gold card can be a lil confusing,but its up to you)
    ral and D-U-R-X like this.
  10. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

looks like we were typing at the same time. see above for answers ;)
  11. mulkman

mulkman Member

Thanks, finally figured out I needed to flash the boot.img aswell (HTCdev method)

Custom Roms runs fine now.

I hope this thread will come to assist others :)
    D-U-R-X and scotty85 like this.
  12. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Excellent! Glad you are up and running,and for once it was that easy! :D usually in these situations a custom Rom doesn't fix the prollem,and we have to work a lil harder.

Are you going to leave the current rom on the phone? Pop in and see us in the all things root section if you have any questions on being rooted! :)
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  13. mulkman

mulkman Member

Yes, I did actually root the phone once in android everyone is working thanks.

HTC ONE X - Waiting for S-OFF
    ROM: 1.29.161.13 | HBOOT: STOCK | Recovery: STOCK | Radio: STOCK | Kernel: Stock

HTC Sensation (Z710e) - Debranded SOLD

Gaming Machine - i7 System
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @4.6GHz | Cooler: Noctua D14 | Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB | Video: eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked |
    Case: Corsair 650D | Display: Samsung XL2370HD
    D-U-R-X and scotty85 like this.
  14. americanflesh

americanflesh New Member

I have the same issue with the warp sequent.. phone won't go past the boost logo, I can enter into stock recovery but that's it.. seems like the same issue.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  15. americanflesh

americanflesh New Member

I posted at the bottom of this thread I'm having the same issue with a zte warp sequent can you help me?