• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Stuck While Downloading Cm Update

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
I am using a SGS2 international version.

I had downloaded CM 11 and was fine with it. Then a notification pop-up saying incremental update, which I proceeded downloading. In the middle of upgrading the firmware (the android with the spinning hexagon in the middle), the phone froze, hexagon and the progress bar no longer moved. Then I proceeded to restart the phone by long press the on button. I noticed the phone does not move after the initial load screen with the SGS2 logo and the yellow warning sign. Did not even boot to the cynogenmod blue spinning logo.

I can press the power+home+up/down button and a menu comes out regarding downloading firmware. I have also managed to get into the CWM recovery menu v6.0.4.5 with the black top hat and the orange arrow. Also, if I press the three buttons, the odin mode comes out with the:
product name:
custom binary download: Yes (1 counts)
current binary: custom

It says downloading and do not turn off screen

Not sure what else to do. Battery charging while the phone is off is working. Is this phone bricked? Is there a way to recover it?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones