• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Suddenly Deactivated?! Please Help?!

SpongeBob123

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
Hi guys,

I currently have a DROID 3 phone on Verizon. I have had this phone for over 3 years now and I'm actually upgrading to the iPhone 6 this week, but that's beside the point. For the past few months my phone has been having all sorts of major problems, but I've been able to tough it out. However a couple days ago something happened to it that I need immediate help with. It seems that my phone number has suddenly become deactivated out of nowhere. The phone is completely cut off from the Verizon network. I can't make or receive any calls or texts or use any data.

It's been like this for days now and I have tried restarting the phone numerous times with no luck. I have no idea why this suddenly happened, like I said I've had the phone 3 years and this never happened. I'm getting my new phone in a few days but I don't think I can go that long without a working phone. What can I do to fix this problem? I know what you're thinking, that I should just call Verizon and ask them, but there are complicated reasons why I don't want to do that yet. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks so much for your help. :)

Do any of your "complicated reasons" have anything actually to do with your Verizon account, e.g. payments. If so they may have terminated or restricted your service. If people call your number, are they getting a number out of service or disconnected indication, or just that the phone might be powered off or out of range. If it's the former, you'll have to call Verizon. If not, could be a fault with the phone in that it's just now gone wrong completely, in addition to the other "major problems", it is three years old.

Upvote 0
Did you purchase the DROID 3 phone brand new from VZW or an authorized VZW reseller or did you purchase the phone used from someone else? If it was purchased used from someone else, the fault could lie with the person who sold you the phone. Remember, that at VZW, a phone's IMEI is linked to an account and if the person who sold you the phone has an outsanding balance on the account, the phone will be blacklisted. It doesn't matter if you have successfully used the phone for 3+ years yourself. There are documented cases of this happening to other folks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones