• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone super hot on GPS

lipeng06

Jul 4, 2011
I just got brand new VZ S4, when on GPS driving (not on car charger, nothing else running, wifi off, no phone cover)), about 15-20 minutes, it gets super hot; if I connect to car charger and driving, it will even pop a warning notification to "cool down". everything else (multiple app running) is good if GPS off. hard reboot no go. any thoughts? Thanks.

That is just how the latest Google Maps is, ever since the last few updates I also noticed my phone got super hot when using navigation and that leads to high battery drain.

Your best bet is to put your phone into Power Save mode when using navigation, that will at least make it run a tad bit less hot. Google Maps has become a resource hog.

Reactions: lipeng06
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones