phone switching offGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ceymore

Ceymore New Member

Hi all, hope someone can help.

When I connect the lead to charge my phone it switches off immediatley and won't turn back on again until I remove and replace the battery, I then have to hold the power button for several seconds before the phone will switch on again. When it comes back on all the settings have gone including time date etc. It's been doing this for a couple of weeks now and I'm ready for crushing it, I have tried different leads by the way.
    I can't connect to the computer for the same reason, when I connect the lead it shuts the phone off.

Cheers
    Cliff

Advertisement
  2. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Crushing it won't help mate :p
    Try entering recovery mode and do a factory reset.
    Press home button + power button to enter recovery menu when switching on the phone. Use volume keys to navigate and home button to select.
  3. Ceymore

Ceymore New Member

Did as you suggested but to no avail, someone suggested having a look at the contacts where the lead goes in so I looked with a good magnifying glass and there it was... a tiny screwed up peice of foil from god knows where, I removed the battery and pick it out with a needle, it was the tiniest bit but it must have been touching the contacts. Anyway it is now perfect, many thanks for your reply.
    Cheers
    Cliff