1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone switching off!Support

1. Amylee3130

Amylee3130 Well-Known Member

Hi

I really need help. The last few days my phone as been switching off. For example it just said 87% and then switched off......it kept getting to the samsung screen and cutting off so i plugged it in and it came on saying 17% then after few minutes went up to 45% then i switched it off and on and it went up to 95% i wondered if it was me rooting it and changing the ROM was the cause so i reset it and unrooted it......but its still happening. i can send it off.for repair but i want to see if i csn rectify it 1st.....would it be worth me buying a new battery or is the phone thats faulty regarding the charging? wanted to check before i buy the charger. i just wanted to kno if someone as had same experience.

thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

it sounds like a bad battery...

what phone is this?
    and how old is it? warranty?
    Amylee3130 likes this.
  3. Amylee3130

its and s4 I9505 and ive only had it since may.....yes as warranty but didnt wanna send it back for sake of bad battery. when i go to settings it says theres only few.mins of battery but its on 99% is that right or not? as i said the battery worked perfect till last week now all this random stuff goin on.......its sayin its charging but its cleary not....or it is but its.not reflecting the battery amount shown.....im not sure if a fault with the actual phone or charger could cause this issue thats why i wanna try everything before i send it off for 2 weeks. i was gonna buy battery and test that and try different charger too.....x
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

take it to where you got it... tell hem you need the battery and charger replaced.
    Dont pay for stuff that should be fixed with warranty.
    Amylee3130 likes this.
  5. Amylee3130

so u think its the charger....it just ad 2mins charge under the settings and then ive not touched it for few hours and its gone up to over 2hrs charge left now without it being plugged in.....i wamma make sure i kno what it is before i ring them x
  6. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Battery has to be the problem.
    Amylee3130 likes this.
  7. Amylee3130

ok thank u i will try a different one and see how i go x
  8. Amylee3130

ive tried the battery and the charger and is still doing it. so i think its the phone........any ideas on how i can fix it without sendin it off??? x
  9. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Amy, i know this doesn't answer your problem, but for info sake, i do remember hearing and actually seeing for myself, that when the s4 first came out people's phones were only charging to 99% and then a few minutes off the charger they would drop down to 17%. At least that's what the phone was displaying. I had heard that was fixed in an update tho.
    So i guess my question would be, have u taken an update since u rooted your phone? I may be way off base, but if ur looking for any answer to help b4 u decide to repair it, u might want to look into that
    Amylee3130 likes this.
  10. Amylee3130

yes I did do an update the most recent one so I don't think its that..thanks anyway