• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone thinks battery has died when it hasn't

First of all, this is my first post here, so hello!

I recently purchase a Huawei Ascend P1 and am very happy with it. However, it has recently started shutting itself down when in use even though the battery is charged. As it shuts down, it briefly flashes a warning on the screen saying that the battery is dead. It won't turn back on until it is connected to a phone charger. And once it is back on and I look at the battery charge graph under Settings, I see a gap in the graph at the point where the phone shut down, indicating that it was registering zero battery charge at this point. All this is despite the fact that the battery has plenty of charge.

This problem only occurs during use - playing games or surfing the web - and never (so far at least) when the phone is on but not in active use.

Has anyone come across this problem? Any ideas at to what the cause / solution might be? Thanks!

Hmmm .. it could be a calibration issue with the charge monitoring software.

Some clever people on here have suggested that leaving the phone on until the battery is actually fully drained and the phone switches off (in your case, I'm guessing this may require several attempts) then fully recharging should force a recalibration.

Certainly could be worth a shot ..?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones