Phone thinks it's connected to a comp. when connected to wall charger?Support

Last Updated:

1. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

This is my third phone and I'm staying to give up. A little while ago I plugged my phoney into included wall charger and for some reason the phone thought it was a computer. It even said "usb connected". It also have me the option to mount it, which I did. I reset my factory settings and the same thing. So,I disconnected my wall charger and noticed that the usb connector wasn't completely on, so I never it a gentle push to secure it and now I don't have that same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't unmount the phone since I figured that out doesn't matter since it's not plugged in to an actual computer. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you for your help!!!

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I read somewhere it's to do with the resistance of the usb connection. The slightly loose connection probably someone pushed the resistance into the range of a computer.

DavDroid likes this.
  3. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks!!! I found that a little strange, so I just wanted to make sure that was normal.

4. ETNSC

ETNSC Member

The USB symbol coming up has to do with the cable you are using. Many cables have a jumper in the connector that make the phone think it is connected to a computer. It does not hurt anything. Just don't mount the storage when connected to the charger.