phone to pc issue

Last Updated:

1. xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx New Member This Topic's Starter

heres my issue... i have rooted razr with newest doomlord. i have proper drivers. so when i plug phone into pc it used to ask me in that pop up window to charge only or sync media, etc. now i dont get that pop up and pc wont recognize phone. it charges it just fine. i tried differ usb cords. any ideas.... phone works great otherwise. 4g bluetooth tether all work fine.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Hi Dark Heart, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the specific ROM you're working with, but I've seen on other ROMs where these is a setting along the lines of "when I plug in the phone to a PC, set it to charge only, and never ask me again".
    Check the settings, and if there is a menu under settings that are ROM specific, check there first. Look for something like 'default action when plugged in to PC'.
    I realize that's all very vague, but it's the best I can do without being more familiar with the ROM. :)

3. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

I have never seen the pop up you are referring to when plugging my rooted RAZR into my PC but there is a notification item on my phone called "USB connection" that I can select and choose one of 4 different USB modes:

1. PC Mode
    2. Windows Media Sync
    3. USB Mass Storage
    4. Charge Only

4. Podivin

Choose USB mass storage. The PC will then see your phone as a USB drive. Note that when inhis mode some apps on the phone may not work because the PC has 'control' of it's storage.

5. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me last week, I had to get a new usb cable from Verizon, not the little short one they sell but the long one made for v-cast.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I never got the popup either. Always have to go into notifications and open the window myself.

7. Podivin

That's a good point. I've never seen a popup on this phone like I have on others. There is just a notification that says 'USB connection', pull down the notification bar, press the USB notification and then the choices are displayed.

8. xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx New Member This Topic's Starter

It doesn't show up in the notification drop down either. So i can't select out of charge only... I've searched the settings looking for some other way but I couldn't find anything. I'm not sure what rom I used but I will find out asap

9. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If yo uare using a 3rd party ROM, it maybe the ROM's fault then.