Phone turned itself off in pocketSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chippa

Chippa Member This Topic's Starter

Today at work I put my phone in my shirt pocket, which was underneath my lab coat. When I took the phone out of my pocket, it was turned off and would not come back on until I removed the battery and replaced it.

Did the phone just get too hot in my pocket, or what?

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I had that happen once. Even plugging it in to the wall didn't show any response. I don't think your pocket had anything to do with it, when mine happened it was just sitting on my desk.

3. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

When I had that issue with my HTP TP2, we called it the sleep of death. Essentially the power button would no longer wake the phone from Sleep.

I think there are a few others that have reported this with the Evo.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

A all too common WinMo problem (5.0-6.5) that effected every WinMo phone I owned. Fortunately, not a common Android issue as I haven't seen many (any?) posts about this over the past 8 months.

Chippa, could it be a recently installed program running in the background or a custom rom/kernel/theme issue?

5. Chippa

Chippa Member This Topic's Starter

I usually kill everything before I put it away...

I did receive a text message/email while it was in my pocket, though, and had to wait a while to check it, but don't see why that would make the phone turn off.

Seems to work just fine now, had plenty of battery life left.

I'm just glad I didn't kill it, is all.

6. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

my first replacement phone from sprint did this every few hours for at least three days. set the damn thing down and it would crap out on its own. Once it did it twice I found myself checking the phone every few minutes just to see if I had a working phone. Pull the battery and reboot to see if there were any voice mails.