phone turning on with menu

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ramc, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ramc

ramc New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Can someone help? My phone keeps turning on in my pocket and dialing numbers without me knowing. I tried the lock screen and ended up locking my phone out due to too many tries in my pocket and ending up having to reset my phone to use again. Even with the lock screen on, the menu botton still turn the phone on. Please help!!!

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    The menu button needs to be pressed twice to unlock !!! is something in your pocket hitting the menu button??

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    Your best option would be a custom rom which has the menu wake disabled, I know there are mods like this floating around for various roms. Aside from that, my advice is stop putting your phone in the same pocket as your marbles or whatever else.

4. Hemlox

Hemlox Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Illinois
    I would suggest a case.

5. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Austin
    i have never had this problem and even use a front pocket wallet, and regularly carry it and my phone in the same pocket. of course, i don't wear skinny jeans or anything either.

6. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    St. Louis
    I wear the tightest jeans that I can pour my flabby legs into, and I don't have this problem. Strange.

7. Joehunni

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    Lol, wow... I never put anything in the same pocket as my hero (front pocket, not girl pants) because I don't want to have this problem or get it scratched up.

8. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Male
    Group Sales Associate/Front Desk Clerk
    Washington (state)
    So I never put anything in my pocket with my Hero. My clothes are nowhere near tight. Most the time my phone ends up buttons hanging out of my pocket. And yet, somehow, I still get the pocket unlock from what I can only assume is the double menu button trick. And yes, my phone has randomly called and texted people as well create strange new contacts for me and taken random pictures while in my pocket. For those of you who have not had this happen, congrats to you. For those who have, I can sympathize. Menu twice to unlock is a useless feature if you ask me. And yes, I'm rooted and have not taken the time to fix this. Why you ask? Because it only happens once in a great while and has not been a major problem for me. To the OP, either learn to live with it, or figure out how to fix it. I'm pretty sure there is a flashable file over on xda somewhere that can help you out if you are rooted.

9. Joehunni

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    I personally love the menu x2 unlock, it's quite a bit quicker than hitting the power key (very small, usually have to use thumbnail to press) then sliding down the lock screen.

10. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I agree with this. But I can also see how others dislike it!

Tags: