• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone turning on with menu

ramc

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
Can someone help? My phone keeps turning on in my pocket and dialing numbers without me knowing. I tried the lock screen and ended up locking my phone out due to too many tries in my pocket and ending up having to reset my phone to use again. Even with the lock screen on, the menu botton still turn the phone on. Please help!!!

Can someone help? My phone keeps turning on in my pocket and dialing numbers without me knowing. I tried the lock screen and ended up locking my phone out due to too many tries in my pocket and ending up having to reset my phone to use again. Even with the lock screen on, the menu botton still turn the phone on. Please help!!!

The menu button needs to be pressed twice to unlock !!! is something in your pocket hitting the menu button??

Upvote 0
So I never put anything in my pocket with my Hero. My clothes are nowhere near tight. Most the time my phone ends up buttons hanging out of my pocket. And yet, somehow, I still get the pocket unlock from what I can only assume is the double menu button trick. And yes, my phone has randomly called and texted people as well create strange new contacts for me and taken random pictures while in my pocket. For those of you who have not had this happen, congrats to you. For those who have, I can sympathize. Menu twice to unlock is a useless feature if you ask me. And yes, I'm rooted and have not taken the time to fix this. Why you ask? Because it only happens once in a great while and has not been a major problem for me. To the OP, either learn to live with it, or figure out how to fix it. I'm pretty sure there is a flashable file over on xda somewhere that can help you out if you are rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones