Phone Turning Self Off, Sim Problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. spoonman1

spoonman1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 21, 2010

Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Vodafone UK
    Taskiller Used: Advanced Task Killer (although rarely used)
    Let me start by describing the standard day in the life of my HTC Desire. Start of the day its 100% as you would expect, drains at a normal speed, no problems untill the battery gets to about 70%-75%, where the phone likes to turn its self off alot. However its not like in the other threads I've read where it restarts its self and goes into a loop, no. It just turns off, but when I do turn it back on manually it will turn its self off again between 5 seconds and 5 minutes of the phone loading up again, irregardless of what I'm using the phone for.
    After this fustrating period, the battery level will slowly drop to about 65%, where the problem stops, and my phone continues to work fine again. Up untill about 45%, where either the same problem happens again, but this time lasts untill about 35% or when I do get the phone on, it jut proclaims the phone has just gone from 45% to 0% and subsiquently turns its self off again.
    If the latter happens, on recharge, once the battery level reaches about 60-65% it just jumps to 100%.
    Its purely random which one of these occurs, although lately after doing a battery data reset, its mainly the former.

However! If I take the SIM card out of my phone, then it will work perfectly all day, which is obviously not that useful as a phone.

I've tried it very breifly with an o2 sim card, during one of its "turning off phases" and still it just turned its self off after a short while.

But yeah this has been happening for a while now, before I got 2.2, and I hoped 2.2 would of fixed it, but no :(

Does any one have any ideas at all? As I've seacrhed everywhere! and no luck! :(

2. picanha

picanha New Member

Apr 13, 2011
    My Desire overheats and reboots! A LOT, I MEAN, A LOOOTTT HAVE SENT IT BACK, htc changes the motherboard, it works for a while and then, that's it, SELF REBOOTING AGAIN.

They could at least say something or remove these f***up phones out of the market