Phone turns itself off randomly, needs a battery pull to rebootSupport

1. TheFrigz

TheFrigz Well-Known Member

This happens once every two days or so, the phone just turns off and I have to pull the battery to turn it back on. Not sure what causes it but its kind of annoying. Any known fixes?

Advertisement
  2. rc pilot

rc pilot Active Member

Is it rooted, do you have a custom rom your running?

I had the shit happen to me and I just changed to a different rom and that fixed the problem
  3. TheFrigz

TheFrigz Well-Known Member

Nah, I haven't done anything like that, all stock.
  4. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Does it freeze while on the charger?
  5. WirelessGuy

WirelessGuy Well-Known Member

I had this happen a few times to a new AT&T S4, took it to the AT&T service center and they completely re-flashed the software, hasn't happened since.
  6. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I just talked to Samsung live chat support about this shutting down problem. They said if phone cannot get a signal from cell tower, it will shut down.
  7. Loribee

Loribee Active Member

Hi

This happened to me also and progressively got worse. It turned out to be the battery swelling in a two month old phone.

I was given good advice to check the battery for swelling. On a flat surface try and spin the battery, if it spins then it's blown.
  8. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

Be sure to contact Samsung Support and let them know of this problem. Just click on the Samsung name below. Or call them at 1-800-726-7864 Besure to get the HEX Number of your phone it's under the battery. They will need this number to assist you.
    Samsung