phone turns itself on and offSupport

Last Updated:

1. jabooh1

jabooh1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else have a problem where their phone turns off and on and off abd on... My does it about once a day. I have to pop the battery to stop the cycle.

Advertisement
  2. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member

Return it for a new one. This has never happened to me. The only problem that has been bugging me is that sometimes when I press the power button to turn on the screen it won't turn on. I find myself pressing it twice to turn on. It happens about 5 times a week but what I noticed is that it only happens with I try to turn on the screen and not off. Software issue maybe?

3. mickcoleman1

mickcoleman1 Member

its called SLEEP OF DEATH and its quite common in android phones

so do this thing

go to Setting->Wirelss and Network->Wi-Fi setting->Advanced (edit button) -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> Choose "Never"

and install ANDROID BOOSTER and WIFI MANAGER from android market

hope this solves ur problem
    let me know if it works

4. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

mine just turns off and i need to pull battery for it to boot up again...is that the same as this?

5. lexiray

lexiray New Member

i am new to the forum...and haven't posted before, although i have read the wealth of info here.....thanks to all, and all of your help. I haven't found much here on this subject however...My captivate acts like the power off/on button does not work at all, when the screen times out, the only way to get access to the screen again is to plug it in to the charger, or pull the battery out, and put it back in. When i do pull the battery out, and put it back in, it immediately comes back on without pushing the button. My ex.."the electronics wiz"...couldn't figure it out either! Any ideas guys?

6. SouthofOttawa

SouthofOttawa Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with my captivate. Every 2-3 days it will just lock up and the only thing I can do is pull the battery and restart. A while ago I had an issue with the USB port not working and I returned my Captivate to Rogers. Instead of waiting for a repair on mine, they had a plan where I received a refurbished one as a replacement. Except for this issue it has worked great!
    I have reset the phone a couple of times to see if this fixes it but nothing yet.
    One of those annoying things I will just have to live with until I can upgrade next year sometime.