• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone turns itself to silent mode automatically

Actually no. It happens on its own. i.e; leaving it on the desk and then hearing it turning to vibrate automatically.
Sorry for the late reply.

i can understand how that can be frustrating. my last phone was sony ericsson xperia and i had the same problem and it turned out there was an app i installed that caused the issue. on that note, you may want to look into that. i do not have that problem with my HTC phone thus far.

Reactions: zwordyzee
Upvote 0
i can understand how that can be frustrating. my last phone was sony ericsson xperia and i had the same problem and it turned out there was an app i installed that caused the issue. on that note, you may want to look into that. i do not have that problem with my HTC phone thus far.

That exactly what I was thinking about. I'll remove an app each time n see how it will react.
Thanks a lot buddy :) cheers

Upvote 0
My Android phone (2nd phone with exactly the same issue) takes itself off vibrate/silent and puts itself on vibrate. It always happens right after I get a call. If the phone was on vibrate and I get a call, right after the call goes to voicemail it goes off vibrate mode. If it's not on vibrate and I get a call, it puts itself in vibrate mode. I have tried turning the phone off and back on and it still does it. As I said, this is the 2nd android phone in a row, different maker, that has had the exact same problem. My supervisor even said something at work to me about it and I had to explain the problem to him. I have to keep my phone in my purse to keep it quiet in case it happens. When I'm not at work and I take it off vibrate and it goes back on I end up missing important calls. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Upvote 0
Melaniel I have the same issue with my HTC One M8. It ended up costing me a job, I know I sounded like an idiot saying my phone ringer turns itself off" next! Android needs to put the user at the top of three priority list for user interface controls. If I say ring it's ring and only ring until I say otherwise, same with volume, brightness, timeout, you name it. As it stands various apps are in control of the UI and there is little you can do, short of testing them one at a time. Not only is that a headache, it's entirely inappropriate. "Huere, buy our phone, oh by the way, it doesn't really do some the things we wanted it too and well, we're already readying the next model so us fixing it isn't happening but you can do some of the testing for us and send us your results. We'll be sure to include them in the next generation which we feel really good about and are sure, um optimistic, um hopeful that these issues will be repaired. It's like they just serve up whatever crap they had in the pantry when it's release time, if the device actually functions it must be a sign to buy lottery tickets. And you just walk into your phone service provider's office and watch their faces when you tell them you want a device that does what is advertised, every time or a refund. Is like you suddenly speak a language only you comprehend.

Upvote 0
This keeps happening to me consistently and its very annoying! When I go to Church Sunday morning I put my phone on vibrate. After Church I turn it back to normal. Then I'll spend nearly the whole week following with the phone randomly putting itself in vibrate mode on its own. I'll change it back and maybe an hour or even a day later I look and its back on vibrate. My phone is possessed!

Upvote 0
This seems to happen after I either charge my Moto G or when any Google apps are automatically updated, even though when it happens and I check my settings, (both the permanent root setting as well as the sound notifications settings), they still show as 'do not disturb' being shut off. I am constantly having to check my phone to see if notifications of apps updated have come in and/or constantly having to call my android number from a land line to see if it rings. The only way I have found to fix the problem when it occurs is to completely power off the phone and then reboot it which is is a real pain in the a$$ but seems to be the only thing that works. I guess google just doesn't play well with others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones