1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Phone turns off and on randomlySupport

Last Updated:

1. vnnsss

vnnsss New Member

I've read over few forum posts here and there, but nothing useful regarding this issue.
    My phone has started randomly turning off and on. Sometimes I'm in the middle of using my web browser when my phone just turns off, and it automatically starts on again.
    My prevail is not rooted, or has any modifications. I even did a reset, thinking that maybe an app had done something, but nothing.
    A lot of people are telling me I might need a new phone, but I've just had it for about a year, and I'm too poor to purchase a new one.
    Any ideas/thoughts/help?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Very bizarre.

It's possible the problem is with an app: did you install anything right before you started getting the problem? If so, try removing it and see how things go.

I guess it's possible the issue could be that you're running out of memory: try removing apps or moving them to the SD card (if you have that option) to see if that helps.

It might be easier to back up your contacts etc and try a factory reset, see if that helps.

If your phone is still under warranty (in the EU the warranty period is 2 years, not sure about the US), it might be worth sending it for repair before your warranty expires.
  3. vnnsss

vnnsss New Member

There isn't any apps.
    I did do a factory reset and it doesn't work still.
    My dad says it might be the battery, although I've never had any issues with it.
    I'll try to go to Boost Mobile tomorrow to see if they can do something, or I might have to end up buying a new phone :C
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

+1 for sending it back to the factory if it's under warranty.
  5. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

6. Tank2211

Tank2211 Well-Known Member

My Prevail was doing the very same thing. As crazy as this may seem I personally think Boost has some doing behind this. I noticed the first time mine started doing this there was a new phone release. Out of no where my phone starts acting crazy(no water damage and I've only dropped it a few times over the year+ I had it) from table top to floor distance. I had to put up with it for about two weeks or so then one day it starting acting normal again. A few months later it starts doing it again (another new phone release...) about a week later its totally fine again. The last time was it though.. it turned off and wouldn't turn on for a while.. it would lock up on me if I made a phone call... just went bat shit crazy. They had a big internet sale going on for the release of the Galaxy S3. At this point my prevail was basically a paperweight so I now have a Galaxy S2. Its an AWESOME upgrade from the prevail and they have sooooo many ROMs to pick from. Just wish Bloodawns CTMod was one of them.