Phone turns off automatically

1. achiellese

achiellese New Member

Hi,

I am new to this phone and I rooted it in a couple of days after I purchased it, for the past 3 days I have noticed when the phone is locked it turns off automatically and I dont know when and how it happens.

Help required on this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Deepu030888

Deepu030888 New Member

same problem with me.. pls inform hw to resolve this issue..
  3. engrusaf

engrusaf New Member

I had the same issue with my galaxy y . please get your warranty claimed to replace your hand set with new the only option that works in my case.
  4. varun.chitre15

varun.chitre15 Well-Known Member Developer

@everyone
    Update your firmware to latest 2.3.6
  5. Deepu030888

Deepu030888 New Member

firmware is 2.3.6 i still have the same problem..
  6. mickcoleman1

mickcoleman1 Member

Hi
    i just got a samsung galxay y and mine to turns off.
    but i have noticed the timer on the battery was reading something like 4 hours even when fully charged.
    Could that turn off the battery ???
    mine is saying 1day 15 hours 55mins now
    lets find the answer please.
    mick
    will let you know if turns off again.
  7. chaitanyak

chaitanyak Well-Known Member

its called SLEEP OF DEATH and its quite common in android phones

so do this thing

go to Setting->Wirelss and Network->Wi-Fi setting->Advanced (edit button) -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> Choose "Never"

and install ANDROID BOOSTER and WIFI MANAGER from android market

hope this solves ur problem
    bluechipsss and mickcoleman1 like this.
  8. mickcoleman1

mickcoleman1 Member

Hi Chaitanyak
    Thanks a lot for the reply
    i have done as you said let you know how it gos
    mick
  9. chaitanyak

yeah sure man and it shud work as i 2 had dis issue but aftr following dose steps i got rid of SLEEP OF DEATH
  10. mickcoleman1

mickcoleman1 Member

my phone has not shut down , thanks again
  11. chaitanyak

'
    glad 2 hear dis mate u got rid of ur prob now ;)
  12. jebjeb

jebjeb Well-Known Member

very pro guy :) god bless you :)
  13. mickcoleman1

mickcoleman1 Member

phone still on great reply
    thanks again
    mick
  14. jean09

jean09 New Member

hi,..i am experiencing the same issue right now...tried to follow "go to Setting->Wirelss and Network->Wi-Fi setting->Advanced (edit button) -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> Choose "Never""
    **but i noticed, when i go to wifi settings, i dont have the ADVANCED button..

**just new to this..please help..tnx!
  15. vikashmnk

vikashmnk New Member

Hi,
    I Have the same model(Samsung galaxy y-GT-S5360) with same problem (switched off automatically). I tried all the stuff which described here but problem persist. Finally I go to service center and replace my battery(free of cost). Friends the handset is good but the battery is not good. So Don't repair your mobile just replace the old battery with new one.
    Hope this solves your issue. And all the solution described in other post is not relevant.:)

Thanks
    Vikash Kumar Agarwal
  16. 07arunsharma

07arunsharma Member

I am having the Same Problem with my Samsung Galaxy Y Duos it shutdown automatically even after updating the firmware.

Now installing ANDROID BOOSTER as suggested in above post.
    Hope this may help me.
  17. Cristiano Berg

Cristiano Berg New Member

i guess that i found a solution for this trouble. the phone turns off when pressured in the pocket. in this moment the battery disconnect from the contacts. put a papel belt between batery and the lock. i believe that this solves.
  18. Cristiano Berg

Cristiano Berg New Member

i guess that i found a solution for this trouble. the phone turns off when pressured in the pocket. in this moment the battery disconnect from the contacts. put a papel belt between batery and the lock. i believe that this solves.
  19. saga0608

saga0608 New Member

After wifi settings option just hit the menu button, it will give you the advanced option.. :)
  20. JayeshP

JayeshP New Member

H, i was already having the same setting which u mentioned to set, but still my phone gets switch off automatically anytime. i have a samsung galaxy GT i9003. do u have any other solutions?
  21. beeni

beeni New Member

my phone was going good with wifi , but suddenly it stopped connecting to internet , i have restored my factory settings but all in vain , it happened before but it got normal after some time but this time it isn't getting normal, help me please
  22. sudhre

sudhre New Member

I am using Galaxy grand. I am not able to use this path or this is not present in grand. can someone help me how to do the above one?
  23. Alamel12

Alamel12 New Member

What will i do? My Phone Shutdown With out any reason.
    When I try to open it, It Staying on Samsung welcome note only.
    Who Has an idea If what happen to this phone? Kindly textback who know:confused::mad:
  24. sweetdiaj3nN

sweetdiaj3nN New Member

Hi thanks a lot hope it will help on my phone, i have same problem :) ill update you if okay na