Phone turns off by itself ...Support

Last Updated:

1. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So this is the 3rd time its happened to me, go to look at my phone and it is off. When i try to turn it back on, i can't. I have to remove and replace the battery to be able to turn it on again.

The first time, the phone turned off on me while i was holding it in my hands. And it actually turns off, it doesn't just reboot. Happened before yesterdays update, and again today, so it cant be related.

Anyone? Should i try to get a new one?

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Using a task killer by any chance? Using it aggressively? It is a possibility. I would Hard Reset first and see if it does it again. Maybe try a different battery too. I remember some people having an issues with the screen shutting off and not coming back on and having to pull the battery. Do a search for that but I think a Hard Reset fixed a few of those

3. RestivoBC

Have not used any task killers. I would prefer not to do a hard reset, but if happens again I might.

Anyone else experienced this?

4. cyd13888

cyd13888 Member

My phone usually always restart itself if im on a call and have my navigation running. I was looking for a solution to this as well.

5. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Mine rebooted itself once.

Also when I do turn it off I have to pull the battery to get it back on. I'm told this was part of the OTA update that was just pulled, so once they get that right it'll be fixed.

6. RestivoBC

Except mine doesn't reboot itself, it turns off. And it happened twice since I bought the phone, before the update, and again today. So it can't be update related.

7. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

I thought the thread said "iPhone turns off by itself" and I was like who gives a crap! But then I read it again. haha!

8. RestivoBC

Dang! It happened again today .. I wonder how long my phone has been off for.

It is actually quite irritating, it looks like I am going to visit the Sprint store today.

9. frenzal_tom

frenzal_tom New Member

this has started happening to me on my desire. any help?

10. RestivoBC

i ended up finding out it was my cheap chinese 32gb sd card i bought from ebay. i took it out, put the stock one back in, phone worked fine again.

oh by the way, i have a great 32gb sd card for sale ... cheap ... works great! :p

11. deceptacon

deceptacon New Member

I'm having the same problem with my phone minus the 32gb card..I did a hard reset 3x and I still get the same problem. I going to take my phone into Sprint and see what they say.

12. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

i hope this never happens to me again.... mine did it with stock memory card a couple times. hasn't in several weeks

13. petulda

petulda Member

I am having exactly the same problem with my Incredible S. The phone randomly turns off (about once a day) and cannot be started again, battery must be removed. I do have a 32GB card installed. I will try with the original 8GB card to see if the problem persists.