• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone turns off in pocket

jwaldmann

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Hi guys,

I have just bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) and am loving it. The only problem that I've found with it is that in my pocket, the button on the side tends to get pressed and it will turn off the phone. With my iphone this never really happened because the button was on the top and then you needed the slide to power off, unless you pressed the button for a long time (and it wasn't as easy to press as the Galaxy).

What I'm asking is if there is a app or something that will change the way that the phone turns off? Maybe that the phone won't turn off at the lock screen or when the phone is in standby, but that I need to unlock the phone and then turn it off, or maybe a slide to power off feature.

Thanks.

J.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones