Phone tweaking with home button flashing

Last Updated:

1. graysonrobb

graysonrobb Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all! I just bought my captivate a few days ago and so far I love it. However it has started acting up more and more over the last couple days. I have my settings to "vibrate" whenever I click buttons. Sometimes after I click something the phone vibrates over and over again and I have noticed that the "home" button flashes when doing so. Eventually it stops but whatever application I am in crashes. Anyone know a fix for this problem or should I go exchange it for a new one?

Advertisement
  2. martymcflysk

martymcflysk New Member

I have the exact same issue. It is sometimes the home button and at other times the back button. But the same effect. Open apps close and I end up being sent to the home page.

It is very annoying when it happens but there does not seem to be any pattern to it. I was looking through the forums to see if anyone else had reported a similar issue.

Are other people noticing this issue too? I am considering exchanging it for a new piece.

3. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

It's happened to me a few times as well. Randomly as well.

4. Aftashok

Aftashok Well-Known Member

i had it, but after doing some searching, i saw that it was an isolated event among some devices.... i took mine back to AT&T on Wednesday, told them the problem, they swapped me out without a hitch, and it hasnt happened once on the new one. My advice would be to take it back asap while ur still within your 30days.

sonicanatidae and graysonrobb like this.
  5. graysonrobb

Thanks man will do!

6. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

AWESOME..

I get to lose all my customizations because Samsung has shitty quality control..

I simply cannot wait.. gah..

Can we swap at any AT&T store or do I get to drive 50
    miles to the AT&T store I bought it from?

7. Aftashok

Aftashok Well-Known Member

no, you can swap at any store. (because youll know the areas im talkin about) - i bought mine in the Alexandria store, then exchanged mine in Jena.... the store in Jena actually had to give me $1 back on the exchange because of the sales tax difference lol...

8. graysonrobb

Now that's service lol

9. kusanagisan18

kusanagisan18 New Member

I had this same issue since day one when i got my Captivate... I kept it for about a week and a half to see if it would fix its self, but it never did. It would happen randomly and often enough to where it was an annoying problem. I didn't even have to be holding the phone and the home button would still trigger by itself.

Anyone with this issue should just return their phone unless someone can open theirs up and see what's making the home button trigger