Phone usage in Navigation Mode

1. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

I received a phone call in navigation mode and struggled to find the answer and speaker buttons.

Are there other ways to answer the phone?
    (one week old droid!)

Advertisement
    :
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The phone app functions exactly the same whether you're in navigation mode, or not. Just swipe to answer, then the speaker button is on the bottom right. I'm really not sure what you're asking. :confused:

There are those who do like it when it goes into speaker/handsfree mode automatically while they are in their car. I think they now have an app for that. Using the search would probably yield the answer you're looking for. Might want to search "car dock handsfree".
  3. RadOD

RadOD Active Member

The regular call answer screen SHOULD have come up, temporarily hiding your navigation screen. Did this not happen? Try it again - launch navigator to someplace and have someone call your phone. What happens?
  4. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Sorry for any confusion.....What I was struggling with, was the "glider" to answer the phone and then the speaker button (while driving).

It was very cumbersome to reach for all of these buttons while driving.

Thank you for all of your help and ideas.
  5. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Yep -- same here. Sounds weird, but I think it might help to practice a few typical scenarios if you're gonna be driving. Even if you are following all the obvious safety rules perfectly, you can get kinda wacky when the phone rings and throws everything into chaos if you aren't familiar with what needs to happen to either dismiss or answer the call. Especially wacky if you are doing 65 in Houston traffic... Like RaddOD suggested, sit on the couch, put it in nav mode, have someone call you and see what the best one handed way is (for you) to handle the call.
  6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

BT built into your car is the best option. Short of that, a BT headset.
  7. crosschecking

crosschecking Well-Known Member

The thing I struggled with is the Nav voice talking over my phone call. Anyone know how to temporarily disable the nav voice while you are on a call? It seems like this should be automatic but I guess they don't want you to miss you turn - maybe I just need to turn the volume down?
  8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yep, two options. Either have a widget for controlling the volumes. Or, just press the Menu button in the Navigating app and tap MUTE.