• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone used 2 GB of data while I'm asleep!

OK - I'm not too happy. This morning I got a text from Tmobile saying I was .3 GB away from reaching my data limit of 5 GB. Confused, as I still have 3 weeks left in this cycle, I checked my data page.

Sure enough, my phone used almost 2 GB of data while I was asleep! This is the first time this has ever happened. I don't ever kill processes or turn data off before bed so I'm not sure why this happened now. My phone was very hot when I woke up and I ended up removing the battery to reset whatever processes were running.

The lame-o's at Tmobile couldn't tell me anything about what program was pulling this data nor would they give me any of my data back.

My question is for you guys - is there a way I can identify on my phone what processes were pulling all this data?? It was anywhere between 200-500 mb at a time, running about every two hours!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones