Phone visibility on USB

Last Updated:

1. fletchem

fletchem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am fairly sure that when I first got my Desire and plugged it in via USB that both the card and the phone appeared as new external drives. For some reason now I only get the card.

USB is set to disk drive - have I changed a setting somewhere that disables the phone being seen as well?

I want to be able to transfer ring tones from the card to the phone so they still work when plugged into the PC (USB card unmounted). I have Astro, but it will be far easier using Explorer on the PC.

I have tried another cable.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I'm not sure how you managed to get it to show both. I know some phones do (my blackberry for example) but the desire only shows as a removable disk.

You will have to transfer the files onto your SD card, then use Astro if you want to move them to internal memory.

I thought you could reference the SD card when selecting ringtones anyway, although I may be wrong.

fletchem likes this.
  3. fletchem

fletchem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I am almost certain I could see both the phone and the card when I first got it - although you have sewn some seeds of doubt.

I can reference the card for ring tones, but when the phone is plugged into the PC, the card is unmounted from the phone, so it can not use on-card ring tones, this is why I want to transfer them to the phone's memory instead. I guess I will have to use Astro.
    Thx