1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Phone voice password to unlock

Last Updated:

1. flyerfaithful

flyerfaithful New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app to unlock my HTC Incredible by either voice OR alpha/numeric? For example in a crowded area I might want to type it, but if I'm alone in my car rather than typing I might want to just speak it out loud.

I searched but could not find anything that provides the voice unlock in any form.

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

If you're not opposed to touching the screen to unlock it why not just use the unlock pattern? I don't know of any voice unlock tools or apps. I think Froyo adds a keyboard unlock option, but I don't know for sure.

3. flyerfaithful

Because then I still have to look down while driving and concentrate on the pattern instead of the road.

I would think it would not be difficult for someone who knows what they are doing to create something that integrates the voice recognition with the password software with 1 push of a button. I would definitely pay for this app!

If someone sees this and wants to create it, I don't want royalties or credit I just want the app!

kevinosborn likes this.
  4. A.Nonymous

What are you trying to do with it while driving? Froyo offers hands free dialing.

5. flyerfaithful

Hands free dialing AFTER I've unlocked the phone, yes. I want to unlock the phone hands-free.

kevinosborn likes this.
  6. A.Nonymous

Really? I was under the impression that you simply pressed a button on your headset and told it who to call. I don't have 2.2 on my phone as of yet so I can't say for sure. That's bogus that you have to unlock the phone before touching your headset.

7. Dave__C

Dave__C Member

I would suggest you buy the Motorola Atrix. The Fingerprint reader allows you to unlock the phone without having to look at it at all.

8. kevinosborn

kevinosborn New Member

Totally agree. Should be easy because voice recognition is built in. Should be able to long press power and then speak the security code to unlock. Wish I was a developer as I this would be a huge feature.