Phone vs Google Contacts plus and minuses ??

Last Updated:

1. mark_from_briz

mark_from_briz New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys
    Just recently got a HTC wildfire and am loving it.
    Ive been experiencing the usual newbie confusion relating to the duplicated views of sim,phone and google contacts.
    I have performed data cleansing and have decided upon using my google contacts as the primary and only visible source.

is there any downside to this, my main concern is that if i ever loose connectivity to google (internet or phone network etc) will i loose access to my contact list or are they all cached locally and safely on the phone ??.

if this is the case, given the superior flexibility of using google contacts over a sim card etc is there any reason to not have google contacts as your primary and only source of contact info ???

cheers

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You won't lose access to them. They're synced to your Google account while Phone Contacts are not.

Sure, if you don't use a Google account as your primary email account. All my contacts are Exchange contacts, for example.

3. Dr.StainedGlove

Dr.StainedGlove Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is the same on yours, but on the galaxy s, I couldn't assign ring tones to individual contacts on google contacts..the option is just greyed out.

4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Active Member

The big con for me with using Google Contacts only is that they have an image size max that is pretty small. So you will take a picture and assign it to someone and then when it syncs with Google they will reduce it down and then when that person calls you will see a really pixelated image versus the nice one that you assigned it.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

No shit!! I have been wondering why they keep resetting to the pixelated looking contact pic. Have changed them at least 2 times and thought to myself 'Wow that looks so much better'
    Could never figure out why they changed after a while....
    That does suck....