Phone waking up randomly while chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. smush

smush Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if this is worth complaining about but is anybody else experiencing their phone waking up on its own while it's connected to the charger? I'm not sure when it started exactly but I'm sure it was after I updated to OTA 2.2.

It's not hot or does anything else just that the screen turns on, stays on for like 2 seconds, and than the screen turns off. It seems to occur randomly. Is anybody else having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Maybe a stupid question, but are you sure this does not happen right as you plug it in?

3. MagicMixR

MagicMixR New Member

Mine too....And the home-menu-back row of buttons stays lit up

4. Leonard

Leonard Member

I've had the same problem and it's not only when the phone is plugged in. In addition, I've noticed that when it randomly turns on, it won't go back to sleep on its own.

5. smush

That's not a stupid question but no it would come on and off randomly long after I've plugged it in. It's the weirdest thing and I think I may have to make a game out of it lol

6. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Ok, interesting!
    I am sorry to say that if it has happened to me, I have not noticed it yet. I am going to keep an eye on mine and see if it happens to me too.

Hopefully someone will see it happen and realize why!

7. tnbassman

tnbassman Member

mine is doing this also but it will not go back to sleep on its own. I have to put it back to sleep. Did not do this at all prior to 2.2

I keep mine on charge at work all day and it happens at least 4-5 times in an 8 hour day. I know how often it happens because I leave it laying on its back on my desk so it gets my attention when the screen lights up.

8. hornetnz

hornetnz Member

I have my phone in front of my keyboard @ work and see it flash on for .5-1 second about every 5 minutes, no matter if it's plugged in or not. I'm guessing it's an app that needs to wake the phone to check for updates, but I can't find what one. It's rather distracting!!

9. baciv

baciv Active Member

Last night I noticed this same behavior, and thought maybe the phone had felt a tremor that I hadn't. Your NY location makes that lame explanation even less likely. Going to sleep again in a few seconds also makes me wonder.

10. Hppycmpr3

Hppycmpr3 New Member

The other night, mine turned on too. Very strange. Anyone have any ideas why?

11. dsolis

dsolis Well-Known Member

Mine too..this is odd...

12. smush