• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone weirding out

When you say your music player "comes back on" do you mean that the audio starts playing? or do you mean that it's listed in running apps? If it's the latter, then it's probably another app that called it for a media service like YouTube or possibly a custom notification tone needs it to play. That's perfectly normal and you should just let it be.

Upvote 0
Twice I was standing and talking to someone with phone in pocket and suddenly it started to play music I believe may be the default song for app. When I tookm out phone I opened the notification and it showed My Music .I then closed it out and went to task manager to delete it .
This is not a constant problem just outta the blue every couple of days maybe

Upvote 0
some phones have very sensitive screens, so if you're outdoors in the heat and you get sweaty, the sweat can pocket-unlock and start launching tons of apps at once. i had that issue a lot with my Note 3 (has a very sensitive screen meant to be used with gloves on) and discovered i had opened around 10 apps and even scrawled a very good imitation of a shattered LCD (scared me too until i realized Action Memo was open) just from it being inside a sweaty pocket. one reason also i got a S-View case.

Upvote 0
I swear mine was the app. Had a Samsung SGS4g and Doubletwist used to turn itself on and search for a signal. I never registered for the service, so it would just search at random times, couldn't disable it as it came with the phone (Think it had Froyo on it, then TMO updated to GB) I was blaming TMobile for it and rooted the phone to delete it. It happened to others, mostly with Samsung phones.

Can't you disable it in APPS instead of task manager? I'm thinking the task manager might not be totally disabling it. Glitch in app communication?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones