Phone went for a swim and it came back to life (HMFY!)General

Last Updated:

1. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, So my eris is officially a champ. . . .

1. phone fell into a giant glass of liquid/water or some type of substance fully submerged!

2. lifted it out of the glass and the screen was on 3-4 seconds later it shorted out

3. left it in a bowl of rice for 8-10 hours

4. hair dryer on full for a couple minutes to dry it up and heat it up some more

5. put the battery back in and tried to charge it. fail i figured it was gone.

6. bought another droid eris and took the new battery from the new eris and put it in the old one

7. yup, my eris still works. yes, it's a champ. everything works with no problems.

Link to old thread (when i thought the phone was gone) - http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...nt-swim-make-sure-you-get-droid-swim-app.html

Advertisement
  2. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

I remember when you made the first thread about this, well thats great your old phone still works!

3. iAndroiid

YEAH, i took the brand new one back to the store and just bought the battery. the guy didn't want me to return it because he said it wouldn't last very long but i'm taking a chance. i honestly never thought it would turn on. i was about to get an incredible too but i was like whatever i'll just get an eris. then my boss was like put the new battery in the old phone for shitz and giggles. it turned right on and i was like holy shit!!! guess i'm returning the new eris.

HMFY! HELL MOTHA ****ING YEAH!

4. lilbballer27

LOL i wondered what HMFY meant, but thats a good idea return that shit you dont need to pay for a new one if all you need is the battery lol.

5. iAndroiid

yeah, my mom paid for the new battery, she was going to let me take her upgrade and get the incredible which i was about to do they just didn't have it in stock and i was like whatever why waste her money let me just get another eris. then i ended up returning it and buying the battery for the eris which was almost the same price as a new eris but whatever. it's all good in the hood. i'm rocking the original eris now. i want to see how long this baby lasts. i would be surprised if it ends up lasting for a while

6. lilbballer27

Ya if it last for a while that would be INCREDIBLE lol, but just wait it out see what happens. I love my eris so now I atleast now it can come swim with me in the summer lol jk

7. iAndroiid

haha yeah come take the plunge LOL. just make sure u get a new battery ready so once it's all dried up your good to go. also, i tried both phones out and anyone who is going to go buy a new phone and not worried about price idk why u would get an eris. the incredible is a hell of a lot nicer and better in every way. i was about to get it just didn't want to order it online and didn't want to be w/o a phone for another day. lol

eris champ