Phone went swimming (but didn't like it)Support

1. sakimano

sakimano New Member

So I went swimming with my S2 LTE in my pocket. Nice.

Phone was straight dead when I pulled it out of my pocket. No lights nothing. Being an idiot, I am rather accomplished at getting phones wet...once left a blackberry bold out in the rain. Once let a blackberry curve slip through my fingers into a shallow stream.

Both times I used the rice technique, and both phones came back like new.

So, i did the same routine with the Samsung and turned it on after 2 days in a rice coffin. Success! It lit up, started up normally and everything was well...except one thing. It won't connect to my service provider's network.

I tried a friend's SIM card
    I tried a new SIM card at my service provider
    I tried another couple of days in rice

Nothing on that front. Everything else appears to work very well...just radio that won't. When I dig around in the network settings I just get an error that says 'insert sim card'.

I then took it to a repair guy who is locally well respected. He just smiled, in a bad way, and said 'you basically have a wifi tablet now. Nothing we can do for it when that happens'...then went on to explain how he had seen this with a couple of S2 users and an S3. He said something about the board being something he can't fix on these phones.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share and maybe ask if anyone else has had this particular problem (the inability to connect to the network) after water damaging their S2.

Any help or comments or jokes about me would be appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

have tried to a factory reset? or wipe it completely off and do the fresh install?