Phone will not connect to charger.Support

1. I didn't see a thread like this already, so here goes. I've have my Galaxy Prevail since July of last year. I've had numerous issues with it, such as freezing to the point that I couldn't use it until the phone decided to work properly on it's own again. No matter what the issue, it always seemed to resolve itself and resumed normal functions.

The issue I've had for a while now is that my usb port for charging and connecting to pc seems loose. When I connect it to my house charger, it will pop on and off. It used to pop up and ask me if I wanted to connect to my sd card. Now it doesn't even do that. Yesterday, the batter was going low. I plugged it in and it would not connect at all. I tried restarting it and still nothing. No matter what I do, It will not connect to charge. I put it in a container with rice earlier and am going to leave it there over night. I guess I'll see if that helps at all tomorrow.

I can't afford to buy another smart phone for a while, so I really hope I can find a solution to this issue.

Advertisement
  2. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Since you mention rice I ask. Did you drop it in water?

Have you given Boost a call and see if you can get it looked at by Samsung?
  3. I have called both Boost and Samsung before with other issues. Leaving it in the rice over night worked. It's always had issues and Samsung said all they could do is "try" to fix it. I would take weeks to even have that done and get it back, so I've never sent it in.
  4. kolosus

If you have a second phone you could use in the mean time I'd suggest sending it into Samsung. It only takes about 1.5 weeks total. I sent mine in. Once you're out of warranty it's going to be a pain.

Good luck.
  5. I don't currently have another phone that I can use if I send that one in. Maybe I'll see if there's one I can use somehow. I do have water damage on it due to my daughter drooling on it several times when she got a hold of it. I've heard that they won't fix it if they see the little strip in the back has changed color to show that.
  6. kolosus

You'll have try and see. Idk about that. Usually though if you do not mention anything they do not check. My one year old likes to gnaw on my phone too.
  7. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Samsung fixes phones w/water damage under warranty?
  8. kolosus

Ymmv. Don't mention water damage as the problem. Try to skirt around it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  9. jwh42000

jwh42000 Well-Known Member

It really sounds like the little pins in the micro USB port aren't getting good contact. If you're feeling adventurous...
    Turn your phone off
    use a small sewing needle to *gently* pry the pins up
    Profit!!

Or just send it to Samsung