Phone will not mount

Last Updated:

1. flippnswitchez

flippnswitchez Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded kitchen 1.0.4 to root my phone and everything. when i go to run the test the phone will not mount. the pop on the mount asking to mount shows and i press mount but kitchen says the phone is not mounted. any ideas? so if this has been explained im sorry

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

since kitchen 1.0.4 isn't out to the general public yet, getting help might be a little slow. that said, make sure all drivers are installed for the phone. make sure USB debug is enabled... run through the checks again.. if it still fails.. maybe someone with the new kitchen can help..

3. flippnswitchez

yea i have tried numerous things and search the forums to try and figure it out and nothing.

4. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member

Plug in the cable very slowly

5. flippnswitchez

no go, ive been trying for two days to do this

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

You probably don't have the correct drivers installed. Try installing pdaNet (google it) and see if that works. It has correct drivers.

7. flippnswitchez

that worked for mounting but now i got an exlamation on the fast boot

8. ccapasso

Try again with fast boot. It might be glitched out. Make sure you have usb debugging enabled too.

9. flippnswitchez

i tried again still a no go the fast reboot. when i try to root kitchens cmd screen tells me image is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

and syntax of command is incorrect.

forgive me for being a pain iv never done this before

10. ccapasso

If you are actually trying to root your phone, follow the guide and do it manually if you are having problems with kitchen. I haven't tried to root with the new kitchen, but the guide walks you through the older version and how to do it manually. If your goal is to get your phone rooted, I would suggest doing it manually if you are having issues.

Once the new kitchen goes public, there will be more testing/documenting of it.

11. mysticmead

exactly... if you are rooting... you could have been done days ago.. seriously.. download the required components.. follow the guide and copy/paste all the commands.. it will take you 15 minutes to root

12. mysticmead

just to check... but what operating system are you running?

if you're running XP, make sure that you check the use CMD option.. by default is uses PS (power shell) which is native to Win7.

Also. make sure you launch Kitchen and have it check for updates. v 1.0.5 was released to public so your 1.0.4 version is now out dated.

That all being said.. I installed it.. I run Win7 64bit.. I had previously installed PDANet (HTC sync drivers suck). Once PDANet is installed, make sure it's NOT running when trying to use the kitchen. Running the tests on Win7 I received a pass for all tests under the help tab.

this is why it's important to make sure all drivers are installed correctly. if you use the HTC drivers, then uninstall HTC Sync and install PDANet.. you will get the right drivers.

13. mysticmead

just to test kitchen... I used it to upgrade my recovery image from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2... worked flawlessly..