Phone will not recognize sd card !

1. dgutierrez55

dgutierrez55 New Member

Hello

I would like to ask anyone if this problem has happened to them. My phone will not recognize the sd card. I've been reading some earlier posts and some of them refer to the card being mounted or unmounted. I can say that my phone has the area greyed out in the sd & phone storage area. There is a small icon with a sd card and question mark in the top left hand side of the phone. The phone is running 2.1. This hasn't been rooted nor tried to have it rooted. The sd card was pulled out and worked in a friends phone, even formatted and put back into my phone and my phone will still not read it.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be much appreciative
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, dgutierrez55.

Sorry you're having SD card issues. It sounds to me like you need to test a known good SD card in your device in order to eliminate the possibility that it is the device itself which is defective.

If the card mounts and functions normally, then it is time for you to get yourself a new one (or use the one you've tested, if it's yours ;)).
  3. dgutierrez55

dgutierrez55 New Member

Frisco thanks for the Welcome and definitely thanks for the reply.

I tried my sd card in 4 different phones now and the sd card works in each. Kinda leading me to think something is wrong inside the phone.
  4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Yeah, as Frisco said, get another microSD card and test it in your Sprint HTC Hero. If that card fails to be recognized as well, the microSD slot in your handset may be toast.

Are you still under warranty? You may be able to get it replaced or fixed.
  5. dgutierrez55

dgutierrez55 New Member

LBPHeretic,

No , the phone doesn't have a warranty.

I've tried 4 different sd cards and none work in the phone. So the sd card slot must be fried..... Does anyone know how to fix this ?
  6. stevesoup

stevesoup New Member

I have the very same problem on the very same phone. Is there anyway of fixing this?
  7. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

If it the microSD card slot is fried and it is out of warranty, you will have to buy a replacement, which is refurbished, from Sprint or buy one on eBay or Craigslist. Personally, I would look around for a used one on eBay or Craigslist as they only go for around $80.00 these days.

Just be sure to find one with a clear ESN. Good luck.