1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Phone will not vibrate when text message comes in.Support

1. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

I have my phone set to vibrate when incoming text messages come in. I did this thru message settings I have the ringtone set to "silent" and vibrate set to "always" . And the vibrate for the phone does work so it's not that it's broken why doesn't this option work?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Do you have notifications checked?
    oreo918 likes this.
  3. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

Yes the notifications are checked.
  4. Unforgiven

OK, just checking. In Settings | Sound do you have an option to set Vibrate for when "Only in Silent Mode"?
    oreo918 likes this.
  5. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

Yes. Always never only on silent and, only when not in silent
  6. Unforgiven

OK. I'm leaving work now, let me poke around some other settings and see what I come up with when I get home.:)
  7. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

Can no one help me??
  8. Unforgiven

Sorry, got distracted last night. Have you set this to Always. I'm not sure if this is overriding your notification settings in the messaging app.
  9. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

I haver it set to do always vibrate from settings
  10. Unforgiven

Peculiar, I now have my settings the same as yours (I usually just stick with audio notifications) so I'll let you know how I make out.
  11. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

Okay thank you for tryina help.
  12. Unforgiven

No problem, just waiting for my wife to text me, she usually does 10 times a day.:rolleyes::D
  13. Unforgiven

OK, with my vibrate settings the same as yours I get the vibrate with a text message. There must be something else. Just to make sure I am testing the same as you are, please confirm that you are using the stock messaging app.
  14. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

Yes I am using the stock app. It's blue with a smiley face
  15. Unforgiven

Hmm... ...I'm stumped for the moment. Let me sleep on it. I get two quick pulses when I get a text message with my settings just like you have them.
  16. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

Ok I'll check back tomorrow. Cuz I have notifications checked and vibrate as well in settings, sounds. In message settings from ap p always vibrate
  17. spencerdemars

spencerdemars New Member

I had a similar problem and finally figured it out. Because texting is done through its own Messaging app, it has it's own settings separate from the general phone settings.

If you open up the messaging app and hit the three dots in the lower right-hand corner you can get to messaging settings, which include a "vibrate" setting at the very bottom (This is in android 4.0)
    damewolf13 likes this.
  18. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

I also knew about these settings as well and had them set appropriately.
    I recently lost the phone because I turned the screen off and it never came back on, but I fixed this problem before it happened by resetting the phone through setting and hit factory data reset