Phone wont boot into recovery ?? HELP

Last Updated: 2010-06-17 06:18:40
  1. pacedrum69

pacedrum69 Well-Known Member

After trying out ROM manager....my phone WILL NOT boot into recovery mode..... What do I do?? PLEASE HELP

Advertisement
  2. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Relax, have you tried re-flashing amon's recovery image? Have you tried re-flashing the clockwork mod recovery image?
  3. pacedrum69

pacedrum69 Well-Known Member

I have no Idea how to do that....Im a total noob.... how would I do that?? When I press Vol Up+Power On...it just gets stuck on the boot screen ) skateboard guys)...

Help please :-(
  4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Do not use clockwork recovery unless you want a nice looking brick for a phone!!!!!
    Use ra its the only stable recovery we eris users have, i speak from experience clockwork recovery will give you a nice looking brick after a while of using.
  5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Do you mean "throw it in the trash brick" (a true brick), or it just hoses up all the flash partitions so that you need to re-perform the root-ROM install and Amon_RA recovery install?

Just curious - wondering if you are being literal or lyrical. ;)

eu1
  6. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

7. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yea I meant an actual brick, you can't restore any nand backups, can't flash any roms, can't even flash the root rom, my phone couldn't boot at all so I tried flashing the root rom it failed, when it tried to reboot it turned off and never booted again.
  8. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

I would shit my pants... literally :/
  9. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Ugh. Well, that settles it - no Clockwork for me.

Not that I understand why you would need an online ROM manager in the first place, as they have to go offline (via custom recovery) to switch things out anyway, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

eu1