Phone wont boot properly after flashing to android 2.2 froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. squadseven

squadseven Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'm new to this upgrading firmware thing so please tolerate my possible misuse of terms.

I gotten a Galaxy Spica that used to run on android 1.5. I successfully flashed it to 2.1 a few months back and now i tried to flash it to 2.2 froyo. Well, that didn't work.

So i tried to get it back to 2.1 using the odin v4.03 loder with the firmwares i've gotten from Home -.

Firmware id: I570EDDJB2
    OPS used was: spica_jc3.ops

The flashing of android 2.1 went on without any problems untill it was time to reboot. Then a sign on the phone screen showed a "!" on top of a picture of a phone. i then unplugged the phone and rebooted.

It automatically rebooted and loaded the word Samsung in the middle and a bar in the bottom. The bar loads all the way up to the end, and gets stuck. So my phone screen now shows a fully loaded bar with the samsung logo above it.

I've tried many many ways to fix this. I've tried this without the sim and sd card and all the combinations. I've also tried many firm wares on 2.1 and all that i've tried failed and ended up the same way.

Can someone tell me what to do to fix this? Bear in mind that i'm a total neewbie at this so please explain in detail.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Advertisement
  2. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Try flashing again, or use an different firmware build.

3. mechpiano

mechpiano New Member

4. mechpiano

mechpiano New Member

@squadseven: just follow the guide on flash I and do not unplug your device during the flashing wait until the PASS is shown on the ODIN Multi Downloader COM(port Mapping)

squadseven likes this.
  5. squadseven

squadseven Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you!!! My spcia is working again!!!! :)