• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root phone wont boot up

nelsong6969

Lurker
Jun 27, 2010
I tried flashing back to an older rom I used before, but this time it said there was an error and wouldnt work. I tryed doing a restore and that didnt work either. Now when i try to reboot, it just gets stuck on the 3 skateboarders. And when i try to go into recovery it just shows the triangle with an exclamation point, instead of the old menu I used to have. Is it fixable or did I brick it?

I tried flashing back to an older rom I used before, but this time it said there was an error and wouldnt work. I tryed doing a restore and that didnt work either. Now when i try to reboot, it just gets stuck on the 3 skateboarders. And when i try to go into recovery it just shows the triangle with an exclamation point, instead of the old menu I used to have. Is it fixable or did I brick it?

what rom did you flash back to?

sounds like you removed your recovery mode somehow.
follow the instructions to flash it back. use the instructions on the how to root your phone tutorial

Upvote 0
yup. your starting over.
what rom did you flash? you clearly screwed up pretty bad, what did you use and what were you attempting to do?
pretty sure the main thing i used was just the regular 2.1 with root. i flashed the kaosfroyo earlier just to check it out, then tried to flash aloysius snow that i already flashed before with no problems, but this time it didnt work. so i tried to do a nand restore of my regular setup but its not working either

Upvote 0
What recovery are you using? Clock work recovery causes these problems and we haven't been tfigure it out and usually have to get a new phone, there is a few cases on the xda forums. If you don't have the clock recovery try charging your phone all the way seen a couple cases where battery charge was the issue

Yea that sounds like the problem then. So how should i go about getting a new phone? I have the protection plan but since it was rooted would they not allow me to do that? Or should i say it was lost/stolen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones