• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't call or text

I've had my HTC Incredible S for a good 2 years now. I updated to ICS around 12 months ago and it was all going fine until suddenly one day a few weeks ago it started refusing to make calls or send text. Also I get NO SOUND from the device at all, either through the loudspeaker or headphones. All other functions of the phone work flawlessly.

Text messages just return an error message of:
"could not send text message after multiple attempts"

When trying to call, it just hangs up before a connection could be made. I have tried the SIM card in multiple other phones and I currently use the SIM card in another phone and it all works well, however no other SIM cards make any difference to the behavior of the HTC Incredible S.

~I have tried a FACTORY RESET.
~I have tried the RESTORE function.
~The phone is NOT ROOTED.
~I do have the ICS update .zip on the SD card but cannot find a way to run it and 'reinstall' the update.

I am pretty much at an end of what to try next. I'm thinking it may be kaput :\

Thank you in advance for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones