1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Phone wont call??

1. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

Ok, so this has been happening on and off. If I try to call someone it wont work. I will push on the contact and it wont do anything but light up green. Even if I go through and push call contact still nothing. Not even with the green button.??? I did get a force close of android phone (I think that is what it said)

And yes, my service is on!

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

did you try restarting the phone? :p
  3. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

That's wierd. Maybe try resyncing your contacts?
  4. khaag27

thanks guys
  5. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Am I the only hero user that hasn't had any probs with my phone? ....

the only prob i had...was rooting it lol...that's it!
  6. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues either. Although now I will....:)
  7. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, superstition will get ya' every time.

I have found with any hang-up like this, or stuck app, or just general weirdness it pays to try a soft reset first. Even had a weird thingy (error) going on and I used the airplane mode which corrected it without needing a soft resetting, lol.

Don't be afraid to get rough with it, other than the ol' wall smash which usually requires a handset replacement :eek: I don't recommend that route.

:cool:
  8. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

well....i use sand to fix everything..............so yeah..
  9. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

hammers are best for fixing problems. If your first hammer didn't fix it, you need a bigger hammer.
  10. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I have had that happen to me. The only thing you can is soft reset. take the battery out for 30 seconds. I noticed it happened when push the phone to the limit. Music app will be text msgs, and bluethooth car jack and a call comes in. The phone just cant handle that type of beating. After doing all of this sometimes the phone will act up. Sometimes my phone will dial the last number on my dialer. Try Astro File Manager Great app. Easy to use.
  11. khaag27

Oh how I fixed this was updating the profile.

Thanks 702DROID :D
  12. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

mine has done it a few times also, i just reboot and everything gets better after that. it happened maybe twice in a month. never again since I rooted.
  13. davco

davco Member

it sounds like hero users reset their phones more than actually using them. great job htc!