• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone wont charge past 50%!!!

OcK1er

Lurker
Aug 13, 2010
I don't know exactly when this started but I'll narrow it down to about 2 weeks ago or less that my phone will not charge to full capacity. It will charage to 40-44% then go no further. I do not know if a particular app is doing this but the last two newest apps I have installed was the "1 click cleaner" cache cleaning application and then there was "angry birds" which plagued my phones browser with ads! I removed it but left the 1 click cleaner in. Maybe these were not even the culprits but angry birds did take considerable amount of internal memory so naturally i took it out. If anyone knows or is experiencing the same thing I would love to hear from you and thank you in advance for any feedback.:)

I don't know if my situation is anything like yours, but I had this problem a while back, and it turns out it was because I was using a data cable to charge that wasn't the original cable that came from TMobile. Let's just say all cables are NOT the same. If you have another cable or a wall charger of some kind that doesn't use a data cable, you might give it a try and see if it changes anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones