Phone won't chargeSupport

1. kimblebee

kimblebee New Member

I just received a used Incredible 2 from a friend (it's my first Droid...my iPhone smashed & I'm waiting for my upgrade to get a new phone). The charger is a little bit frayed at both ends. but I rigged it with electrical tape & finally got the phone to turn on. Now after restoring the phone & activating it with my existing Verizon plan, it doesn't seem to be charging. The little orange LED light is on, and the battery icon on the screen shows the lightning bolt (which shows that it's charging), but the percentage is not increasing.

Should I power off the phone and try charging it for a certain amount of time? I can't afford a new charger until the first of next month (money is THAT tight), but I'd sure like to have a working phone as I've been without one for about 2 weeks now.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Are you charging from a PC? If so, that is only .5Amps and is often not enough to counteract the power consumed while using the phone.
  3. kimblebee

kimblebee New Member

I'm charging from the wall adapter...but after monitoring it charging all day (both turned off and turned on), I got a message that said that it was charging from USB, and asked me to plug it into the wall charger, which it already was. I'm assuming that it's probably not charging while turned off if it's recognizing the adapter as a USB, right?It's literally been charging since about noonish (it's 10pm here now), and doesn't even have half a charge.

Does it sound like the frayed adapter that's the problem then? It seems like the phone is trying to charge, but there's just not enough power going into the battery.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Yes, it sounds like your cable may be the issue.:(