Phone won't connect! Help

Last Updated:

1. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's been working fine, I've been trying to root so I guess I messed something up. But now when I plug my phone into the computer it just charges, the computer doesn't show anything, and it doesn't give me the menu for charge mode, htc sync, etc.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

What have you been doing when trying to root? More info and some help may come along

3. fearofth3dark

I tried pretty much all of the techniques listed in the stickies on this website (PRS complete rooting guide, video 10 min complete root and the incredible), the incredible windows rooter app that someone made. And many other user suggestions that work for people. And now thinking back one of the methods might have unistalled "HTC Driver Updater", not sure if that is relevant or not. Sorry I'm dumb with this stuff :(. Also I recently tried formatting my SDcard if that might have something to do with it.

4. fearofth3dark

Nevermind. I don't know what happened but I unplugged everything from my USB ports and than tried plugging in just my phone and it worked.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

That was going to be my next suggestion, along with a different port. Glad you're back to functioning.

6. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff Well-Known Member

Try a diff sd card everyone I have seen that has had the a data 16gb class 6 card has worked nothing worked for me until I got this card... Then it worked everytime using the click in and out method.