Phone wont go to sleep

Last Updated:

1. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 19, 2010

So I'm currently running the newest rubix build with the leaked version, but I've had this problem with other roms before this. I notice sometimes my phone just wont go to sleep and no matter what I cant figure out why. I dont have any crazy apps or services running in the background and in fact I think my wifi is part of the problem. For example, today I've had the phone off the charger for about 3 hours. I just checked it, and despite my screen only being on for about 30 mins (also no streaming or background data being used that I know of) my phone was running the entire time (100% reading in spare parts). I also noticed my wifi use in battery manager was high so I shut of wifi and of course the phone finally goes to sleep almost immediately after.

I can't replicate this problem everytime although I havent fully tried, but I do know I've had a similar problem before on other roms. Am I missing something as to why wifi is preventing my phone from sleeping?

2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I'm have similar issues where my screen does not turn off on it's own and like you I can not replicate the problem or figure out what's going on. It happens once or twice a day.
  3. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Make sure in USB settings there isn't a development box checked. I found that to keep mine from sleeping as well.