Phone Won't "Mount"Support

1. Chiryder

Chiryder Well-Known Member

I have a iMac G5 and when I plug the Ascend it won't mount any more. It used to but the option to "mount" or "not mount" won't pop up any more. Or it will pop up on the phone screen but for a quick second and when I do get a chance to press it before it disappears, it does nothing. How do I access the folders to add music to the phone or "mount" my phone again?

Advertisement
    :
  2. xtreemgreen

xtreemgreen Well-Known Member

are you on the stock rom?
  3. Chiryder

What is that?
  4. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

5. Chiryder

2.1 not sure what cm6 or cm7 is.
  6. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Unofficial mods. CM6 gives you 2.2 and CM7 gives you 2.3. They may be user created, but very few people woud argue that they weren't definite improvements.
  7. RobotGo

RobotGo Member

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? I've never had a cable work that wasn't the one that came in the box with the phone.
  8. Chiryder

Yea I am I think that may be the problem a long with the fact that I used to just straight unplug the cable from the computer without ejecting or "unmounting" could it be the cable? I can charge the phone just fine.

I actually managed to fix it for a sec. what I did was eject the SD card then put it back in. It would work the first time after I did this but not since.
  9. pureds

pureds Member

Ok, I'll jump in. :)

I recently flashed to cm6 and when I plug my phone into my mac I get the little cd icon that I assume points to somewhere in the internal memory. That is the same as it has always been.

The problem is that when I select "mount" or rather USB mode as it is titled now, it never pops up on my desktop as it used to.

I am actually wanting to flash to icarus to hopefully resolve SMS and battery draining issues I am having. (otherwise I love the SPEEEEEED)

Any help would be appreciated.
  10. pureds

pureds Member

Is this considered a bump? :)