Phone wont recognize new 8gb SD card...Support

Last Updated:

1. alxmlr789

alxmlr789 Active Member

Hey guys, I got a new 8gb micro SD card, took my stock 2gb one out, plugged the new one in and my phone simply wont recognize it. I try to format the new SD card in the settings...But but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Your Phone Properly Does not support 8GB

Try a 4GB That Should Work
  3. alxmlr789

alxmlr789 Active Member

Damn! The 8gb was free. lol, what if I partition the 8gb to 2 4gb's One FAT, then another format too.
  4. Sorry but that will not work.... (i have tried)

Looks like you need just a 4gb micro sd:(
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Incredibles support up to 32 GB, try formatting the card in your computer to FAT32
  6. alxmlr789

alxmlr789 Active Member

I tried that last night, the computer didnt even recognize the SD card, lol. Thing might be faulty.
  7. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

I don't know if GoldenBulletXD is kidding, but like sdrawkcab25 says - your Incredible definitely supports up to 32GB.

Do you have another card reader you could use to check it out on your computer? You say it was free - is it used? Do you know if it was working for the last owner?
  8. alxmlr789

alxmlr789 Active Member

Yeah I just looked on HTC's website and the incredible does support up to a 32gb card, so that's not the issue.

The card was new, my sister works for a cell phone company and it came in the box with one of her blackberries. It was still taped in the little plastic bag when she gave it to me. Brand new.
  9. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I'm with Higgins.. I'd try a different card reader. If the pc can't find it.. it must be doa.

One other thought.. make certain the contacts on the card are clean.... cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
  10. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

MIght seem like an obvious question, but did you un-mount the old one before you removed it?
  11. alxmlr789

alxmlr789 Active Member

Yessir I did.
  12. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Can u test the new card in another phone and see if it works? If that plus the card reader comes up negative, I'd say you can cash in the chips.
  13. No I am Not kidding tryed today and my bros phone still does not register it
  14. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Is your brother's phone an Incredible? Because the Incredible can support up to a 32GB microSDHC.

This isn't conjecture. I've got a 16GB card in mine right now. Others on this forum use 32GB cards.
  15. I dont know all the words are faded scratched VERY old phone
  16. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Given that this is in the Droid Incredible forum and that your location is listed as Australia, I'd surmise that it's not applicable. Cheers, though. :)
  17. Yes im aussie and yes my bro a a bad phone