• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone wont register on EE

Jasondroid

Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
I have just broken my Samsung Galaxay S4 and whilst I'm getting it repaired I want to use my old HTC Desire S with my current EE sim.

I have taken my EE micro sim out of my S4, fixed it into the adapter card that came with the sim to make it normal sim size and have pushed it into my Desire S.

I am (fairly) sure that my Desire S is unlocked as it was originally on O2 I think. However, the EE network is not recognised as soon as the phone is turned on, but it doesn't give me a warning that the sim is not present. When I search for new networks the phone finds all of the networks fine so I select EE and I get a message telling me "your sim card does not allow connection to this network"..

I could have sworn the phone was unlocked. Is it not?

Or is it that EE being a newish network has trouble connecting to the older phones.

All network settings are factory default.

Please help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones