• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't stay on; keeps turning itself off

sahmBev

Oct 9, 2012
Over the last three days I've noticed that my phone is having a hard time staying on. It could be that I texted someone, set the phone down, and later went to check my phone for notifications and I can't turn it back on. I have to remove the battery and start over. It could be after I've checked The Weather Channel app, or looked at Facebook, taken a picture (my point being, it doesn't matter what I've done when it does this) It started on Thursday or Friday where I had to remove the battery a couple of times and yesterday, I lost count at about 6 times. I've keep the phone plugged in to the wall all day long in case it was the battery, and I thought it was acting a bit better, but it is still doing it. One of the last times, I undid the battery, turned it on, it got to the screen where it showed the time and then went blank again. Undid the battery, started over, it was okay for awhile, but then it restarted itself.

The only thing I've down recently is downloaded and installed the Storm Shield app (and this, I had to pay for, so if I delete it, I lose the money, right?)

Any other tips or ideas?

Thanks!!

Go ahead and uninstall that app. You don't lose it permanently, it remains "purchased" in your Google Play account, so you can re-download it if you find it's not causing the issue.

If that doesn't help, it might be time to back everything up and try reseting your phone back to factory settings to see if the issue is with the phone or something related to the software on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones