• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone won't stop vibrating

CXXV

Android Enthusiast
Jan 23, 2010
Lately the phone just starts vibrating and won't stop (no calls, no msgs). I have to take the battery out and leave it out for a while. If I try to put it back to soon it starts vibrating again.

Any ideas why it does this? Any one else experience this?

Ive got the same problem with my legend. Phone randomly started vibrating with the ringer volume window popping up and the phone turning itself back to vibrate when I try to turn ringer on using bumper.

I talked to Bell tech support which offered no answer to the problem...not sure what else to do as the phone is basically inoperable.

Any others that have found a remedy?

Upvote 0
When i had the eris, i woke up to this problem. the guy in the store said it had water damage. he was still nice enough to replace it with a brand new eris out the box:).
power off your phone and check to see if either the battery's and/or the phone's water indicator bled red. if they are white with red x's maybe thats not the problem.

He said it was water damage or the sticker indicated it was water damage? At least he fixed it for free, but VZW reps are known for being big fibbers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones