phone won't turn onSupport

Last Updated:

1. itsmefu

itsmefu Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, when I woke up this morning I noticed my cat had chewed my phone charger cord up while my D'inc was plugged in. The phone was turned off for some reason, maybe the battery went dead. I have it plugged in to my car charger but now I can not turn the phone on, anyone had this problem before or know what to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

is there a light indicating the charge?

itsmefu likes this.
  3. itsmefu

No, I checked to see if the light was on when I had it plugged in to my car charger and it wasn't on. Thanks for the reply.

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

It's possible that when the cat starting chewing the wire it caused a short which zapped your phone. Sadly, the phone may just be dead.

Good news is... the cats fine! Something like that could have killed him :(

itsmefu likes this.
  5. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Phone - 0 lives.

Cat - 8 lives.

Winner - Cat

itsmefu likes this.
  6. itsmefu

lol yea, I'd like to kill the cat though but I won't. I thought the phone may have been dead but figured I would ask here. Where should I check for a new phone? I know they are expensive at Verizon without a contract. Thanks for the replies.

7. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

If you want to buy it out of contract at a "cheap" price, you are going to have to look at places like EBay or Craigslist. You have to be careful that you don't end up buying a stolen phone though.

I assume since you asked this question that you don't have insurance on the phone?

itsmefu likes this.
  8. athradon

athradon New Member

I've had this happen several times when switching between batteries, it shorts out occasionally. Time (with the battery off) seems to be the only thing to fix it. The last time it happened, I blew dust out of the battery compartment NES-style and it worked after that, but that was probably coincidence.

itsmefu likes this.
  9. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

If your not seeing a charging indicator unfortunately it might be bricked... Sorry.

Curiosity killed the dinc.

itsmefu likes this.
  10. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

As long as the phone is not 1 year old. it will still have the factory warenty. Here is what you do. Go to a VZW store (not a autho dealer but a real VZW store) tell them that you woke up and the phone did not turn on dont tell them your cat ate it. They will try and fix it. if they cant they will order a replacement. As long as you water stickers are not tripped they will do this for you. I use to work for them and its a policy to keep you happy. If they give you any problems i will dig up a phone number you can call and they will for sure take care of it. Let us know

itsmefu likes this.
  11. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Or just call customer support and they will overnight one to you. They just need to know that neither the wall or car charger is turning the light on.

itsmefu likes this.
  12. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I would try a different charger beside the car one first. If you k ow anybody else near you that has an Incredible, ask them if you can try their charger. I have had bad car chargers right out of the package.

itsmefu likes this.